Hibiscus Tea

I have become a little health freak lately and this is one of my healthy( tasty :P ) addition to my everyday diet...
Basically I don't like to plant flower plants but I love my kitchen garden and I have many herbs and basic veggie plants. 2 years back when I got this hibiscus plant from a nursery I just thought it's of no use until I came across the health benefits of hibiscus Tea, As they are blooming around 10 flowers a day which is more than enough for my everyday tea...
Sometimes I even dry them on my kitchen counter with some mint, basil and holy basil leaves store them for a later use. This tea is awesome. 


Ingredients 

5 hibiscus flowers dried or fresh 
1/4 cup dried herbs of your choice
Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
Sweetner of your choice (optional) 
Water 500 ml 


Method

It's simple... Just add the water and herbs and bring to a good boil then add the hibiscus to the water and switch off the flame.

Let it rest for 5 mins then strain the tea and add the lemon juice ( a little magic happens here...  The tea will be in a purple shade when strained but once you add the lemon juice it turns into a beautiful Ruby Red color) 

Add your sweetner or enjoy as it is... 
Serve hot or cold tastes great in both ways.

Please leave your comments... Love to hear from you.  

Comments