Simple Salmon Fry



Salmon is a staple ingredient at my place, if its fish fry then its surely salmon... we have so much love for salmon.
I normally use the traditional Indian masala for my fish fries but my neighbor sent me her fish fry which was really yummy and different in the taste. So i was unable to control myself from asking her for the recipe. As it was late night i didn't message her that day but the very next day morning i sent her the message asking for the recipe.
Trust me this recipe is a keeper and no going back to the traditional recipe after trying this coz this is that easy and simple. It is actually a time saver recipe as i normally make the marination powder in a large batch and have it in hand to make the process much much simpler...

Lets get simple... lol


Ingredients

Cumin powder 1 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Dried coriander 2 tbsp
Dried red chillies  4 large
Caraway seeds 1/4th tsp
Salt

Ginger Garlic paste 1 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Fish fillet 3 - 4

Method

Add the dry ingredients (cumin powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, dry chilli, dry coriander seeds, caraway seeds) to a blender and crush them coarsely but make sure you don't make a fine powder.
I make a large batch and store in air tight container.


Add the ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and oil and enough water to the powder and make a thick paste out of it.

Marinate the fish with the above masala and let it sit for an hour.


I use my air fryer for frying the fish(200 C for 8-10 mins), but it can also be shallow fried in a tawa till done.

Serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.

Comments