Channa Dal Pakoda (Airfried)

This Pakoda is all-time favorite for many...  The crunchy outside and the soft inside... The flavors combined... Many more comes to mind when thinking about the pakodas...

On a cold and rainy day the 1st thing that comes to mind will be some deep fried snack and this Pakoda has a special place in that...

Everyone who reads my posts regularly will know that I have an aversion towards the deep frying stuff (which makes my mom calls me a lazy... Lol)

I always try to avoid the deep frying in as many ways possible...  For me the airfryer is a boon I should say...

I just hate the deep frying stuff but not the crunchy munchies... That too on a cold and rainy day I surely Opt for a nice fried Pakoda...

These pakodas were a trial of mine and I shud say these were perfect even without the deep frying.



Ingredients

1 cup channa dal
1 large onion finely chopped
1 spring curry leaves
2 green chilli
1" ginger
1 tsp Fennel
2 cloves
1 " cinnamon
Oil for brushing
Salt to taste
Water as required

Method

Wash the dal. Soak it in water for 2 hrs or overnight. Strain it without water.

Powder the fennel, cloves and cinnamon in a blender and transfer the green chillies, ginger and soaked daal without water to the same blender and process to a coarse paste.

Remove the daal to a bowl and mix onion, curry leaves and salt.

Divide the mixture into equal portions. Roll into small rounds and set aside.


AIRFRYER METHOD:

Preheat the Airfryer for 5 minutes at 180°C.

Brush the balls with oil. Arrange the vadas in the Airfryer and cook at 180 for 6 mins and at 200 for 5 mins or until golden brown.

Give a gentle shake to the basket in the middle to get even cooking.

DEEP FRYING METHOD:

Heat oil for deep frying in a deep pan and once the oil is hot add the balls and deep fry in medium heat till they are crispy and golden.
Drain them in a plate.

Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney.

NOTE:

After making the balls slightly flatten them between your palms to give it a shape of masala vada.

I made Pakoda Kurma with the pakodas, I will be uploading the recipe soon... 

Comments