No Knead Sourdough Bread

I have been busy with my ferments and other food style changes....

About 3 months back I started my journey of fermented foods. When i tried to include healthy option in my food I came across the health benefits of fermented foods and now in this 3 months period my kitchen has transformed into a mini laboratory where I try out different fermentation process and till now I have had success in all my trials...

Currently I have my Milk kefir, water kefir, kombucha, kvass, lacto fermented veggies and recently started with my sourdough which I got from a friend...


I am not good at baking breads but when I read about the benefits of sourdough bread I couldn't resist myself so finally started baking them, but initially I was not able to  perfect texture and taste of the bread as it was sour and hard... And I didn't like to knead the dough for a long time so was trying out different methods...

I started experimenting with the ratio between flour, water, starter and time... Finally today when I was experimenting I got the perfect bread loaf which was very similar to the store bought breads...

The speciality of this bread is it's not time consuming as its a no knead bread...
All I do is 10 mins in the morning and another 10 mins in the evening that's it...

Now am baking almost every day and getting the perfect bread...

So here I am with you to share my recipe...

Ingredients

150gms of active starter
500 gms flour
300 gms water
8 gms sugar
8 gms Salt

Butter (optional)


Method

Mix everything together and leave it on counter for 6 hours, covered.

Now the dough will be a sticky mass.
Shift the dough to a floured surface and spread it with your hands into a rectangle shape.

Then roll from one end to the other to make  a log and place it in the loaf tin let it sit on the counter for 2nd rise for 3 - 4 hours.

Preheat the oven to 220 c.
Place a small oven proof bowl with some water. (this will help the crust to form slowly)

Bake for 15 mins at 220 c then reduce to 200 c and bake for another 15 mins.


Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 mins in the pan.

Now remove from the pan, rub some butter on the crust to get a softer crust(optional) and place the loaf in the cooling rack for atleast an hour or until completely cooled.

Slice with a serrated knife and enjoy...

Comments